First
    Presbyterian Church
    Michigan Historical Marker

Historical Marker

The First Presbyterian Church of Homer was organized with thirty-four members under the direction of the Reverend Elijah Buck in 1838. Shortly afterwards, services were held in the "Session House," which served the group until 1853, when the existing sanctuary was built.

In 1886 the narthex was added and the church was remodeled under the guidance of architect L.D. Grosvenor.

The architectural style is Renaissance Classical, showing some influence of Sir Christopher Wren.

309 South Sophia Street. L934A: July 17, 1981; 1985


© Copyright 1997 Albion Design ™
All rights reserved for these pages and all subsequent pages.

Send mail to mlanoue@albionmich.com for more information about web page design, marketing, advertising, or small newspaper web design.