Augustus P. Gardner (1817-1905), a wealthy hardware merchant built this Victorian style house in 1875. A three-story, thirteen-room mansion with a mansard roof, it was Gardner's home until his death in 1905.
In 1966, after decades of neglect, the house was purchased by the Albion Historical Society. Restored, it houses a local museum. Five of the rooms are furnished as a nineteenth-century home and the remainder feature permanent and rotating exhibits.
This house is among the last of its type in this area.
Return to History
All rights reserved for these pages and all subsequent pages.
Send mail to email@example.com for more information about web page design, marketing, advertising, or small newspaper web design.