Methodists obtained a charter for Spring Arbor Seminary from the Territorial Council of
Michigan in March 1835. Later the institution was established in Albion on land donated by Jesse
Crowell a leading pioneer and benefactor.
In 1841 the cornerstone was laid for the first building, and in 1843 the institution opened as the Wesleyan Seminary.
In 1861 the power to confer degrees was obtained and the school named Albion College.
A large endowment and private sources have contributed to its growth as a strong liberal arts college.
Send mail to email@example.com for more information about web page design, marketing, advertising, or small newspaper web design.