Albion College
    Michigan Historical Marker

Michigan Marker Methodists obtained a charter for Spring Arbor Seminary from the Territorial Council of Michigan in March 1835. Later the institution was established in Albion on land donated by Jesse Crowell a leading pioneer and benefactor.

In 1841 the cornerstone was laid for the first building, and in 1843 the institution opened as the Wesleyan Seminary.

In 1861 the power to confer degrees was obtained and the school named Albion College.

A large endowment and private sources have contributed to its growth as a strong liberal arts college.

Albion, MI





Back to the Albion, Michigan Home Page.


© Copyright 2001 Albion Design ™
All rights reserved for these pages and all subsequent pages.
































Click Here!