The First Presbyterian Church built on this site in 1858. Burned in February 1873.
Detroit architect Elijah E. Myers was immediately commissioned to plan a new church
which was completed in 1879. (Myers also designed Michigan's present state capital.)
In 1883 fire again ravaged the church. The Romanesque Revival building's shell
and two stained glass windows were saved and incorporated into the present church which
was dedicated on August 10, 1884.
First Presbyterian Church
Back to the Albion, Michigan Home Page.
© Copyright 2001 Albion Design
All rights reserved for these pages and all