The Albion College Astronomical Observatory was built in 1883-1884 at the urging of Dr. Samuel Dickie, who later became president of the college.
Dickie helped raise $10,000 to build and equip the facility.
The observatory still harbors its original telescope, transit circle, sidereal clock and chronograph.
The building has housed classrooms, a bookstore, faculty offices, and the West Michigan Conference archives.
In 1984 it was refurbished as the college Ethics Center
Cass Street, Albion College Campus, South Hall, Albion; Albion College Astronomical Observatory; S566A; January 25, 1985; 1985
Back to the Albion, Michigan Home
about Albion College.
© Copyright 2001 Albion
Design ™ / Maggie LaNoue
All rights reserved for these pages and all subsequent