Any photos not otherwise credited are from the personal collection of Frank Passic, Albion Historian.
Morning Star, December 25, 2016, pg. 10
With the recent announcement that Ginaís Pizza will be relocating from its "Five Points" location on East Michigan Avenue back to the old New York Central Railroad freight depot on N. Clinton St., we are reminded that the Five Points location housing Ginaís was once a bank. The building was erected at 1313 E. Michigan Avenue (formerly Jackson Road) in 1966 by City Bank and Trust Company. The location was handy for several manufacturers located in the vicinity, and for those who didnít like the congestion at the main downtown Albion City Bank.
This branch office served as a convenient place for people to do their banking on the east end of town. Unfortunately, a significant downturn in local population and economic conditions during the 1980s led to the decision to close the facility in 1990. The building subsequently became Verne Plassmanís business office for several years, before being transformed into Ginaís Pizza.
From our Historical Notebook this week we present a photograph of the Five Points Branch of City Bank & Trust Company. How many of our readers remember banking here?
City Bank at Five Points in the 1970s
All text copyright, 2021 © all rights reserved Frank Passic